Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Long Nights

Since I've begun losing my vision I've discovered that I enjoy darkness more. Maybe its because it tends to set me on equal footing with other people or it could be that I enjoy the solitude that comes from closing my eyes and being alone with God. I reallyhaven't explored being alone much. When I was a young man I spent time alone in my pursuit of hunting or fishing and didn't seem to need to be around people so much. But as I got older and discovered a calling to serve people I found myself dreading times when all was quiet. For those of you who know me that explains why I seldom allow conversation to stop for quiet reminds me of what I've lost. Sound allows us to "feel" the presence of people around us. The loss of sound bothered me greatly. So I am surprised to discover that the loss of sight does not affect me as much. Could it be that the loss of vision allows me to "feel" the nearness of God? I was told by a friend that as my sight goes I will eventuall begin to "feel" when ever I come close to an inantimate object but could it be that the loss of sight and sound allows me to "feel" the presence of God in a real sense. I think I 'm finally beginning to understand the words "Be still and know that I am God." Well so much for my first inSight post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home