Thursday, May 25, 2006

To set an Example

Often in my life I've been asked to set an example. Most of the time I've been somewhat able to but sometimes it just doesn't seem to take. But I know I should be that kind of person, so I'll try today to set one. As we get older in life we expect people to prepare for life when it ends, prepare for your last event here on earth, your funeral. Like most of us I haven't done that. Why? Just lazy or maybe not wanting to think of what will happen to me when I die. Today however its time to face my indecision. My funeral: So what do I say about my funeral. Well, I want to be cremated, placed in a urn and interred in the columbarium at St. John's in Norman. The columbarium is on the Gospel side of the church. I would really like to have a service on a Sunday morning when all my friends could worship with me the joy of Eucharist. Maybe, I might, be able to pre- pick the offeratory hymn. Other than that I can't think of anything special I want. I feel assured that each time my family comes to church and has eucharist I'll be tere to share it with them. No longer deafblind but able to "see" . Amen P.S. The celebrant might tell a joke during the service.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Stan! Welcome to the blog world.

I'm very happy to meet you and look forward to reading you more.

I found you through my blogfriend Emily. I'm an Episcopalian, too, in North Texas (Denton).

I like what you said about being inurned at the church columbarium. Ours, too, is at the altar. not a bad place for the shell of me to hang out!

4:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home