Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Oh! Now I'm both blind and Wet!

Before I lost my sight I made a fish pond in the backyard. It's shallow in one end thak goodness. Its amazing how well as a sighted person I was knowledgeable about how my backyard was put together. I planted every plant and flowerebed. I drfew up plans , was careful when and what I planted to make sure it had visual effect. I guess its great? My friends and family come over and tell me how restful it is with the shrubs, flowers, pond , waterfall, fish and tortoises. But now for me the garden is changed. it all about smells and tectures. And I've discovered that its not safe to walk without a cane for assistance. I know , I've visited the fish on at least two occasions, much to their surprise and mine. I find myself spending time out there anyway tring to get to kow my way around and I've discovered something. I need assistance. Well I've got a new cane and that helps some, but the wind readjusts the seating often and so I sit closer to the ground more. My view of this world has changed. Now it'st not about what I see and hear but about smell and touch. I think we've kid of missed that a Christians. We spen a lot of time looking for problems and hearing the complaints of our parishoners when what they really need is some on to just sit down with them and physically and spirituall touch them. Then maybe together when we find the peace with in us we'll be able to smell to wonders ofGod in this world. I think He must smell like........ flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home